The outreach lending library is open to all interested in our books, CDs, DVDs, VHS films, country themed Culture Kits, maps, reference materials, and curricula materials on the Middle East and Islam.
Please review our borrowing policies to become a patron.
K-12 educators, college instructors and professors, and the general public are eligible to check out materials from the CMES Resource Center.
To be eligible to check out materials from our library, you must first submit the Library Patron Application Form. The form is in a PDF format and should be completed and emailed to Julie Ellison-Speight - email@example.com. After receipt of your application, you will be assigned a Borrower ID which will be emailed to you at the address you provide. Please keep this number for your records as it will be used to track the books you have checked out and assess any late fees.
- Visit the CMES office during regular business hours (8:00 – 5:00 Monday – Friday)
- If you live out of town but still within Arizona, we may be able to send you some materials - as long as you agree to mail them back.
- To check out materials, the borrower must register as a library patron using the Library Patron Application Form.
- Culture kits and audio recordings are checked out for a month at a time
- Books for 2 weeks
- Videos for a week
- If a borrower needs to extend the borrowing period of an item, they must contact the Outreach Coordinator directly by email or telephone.
The Outreach Center reserves the right to charge late fees for materials not returned in a timely fashion, as well as a full replacement fee for materials lost.