CMES provides travel funds to UA graduate and undergraduate students to participate in professional meetings, conferences and symposia that are directly related to the students' educational development in Middle East studies.
UA graduate and undergraduate students in good standing and who are presenting a Middle East-related paper at a virtual conference are eligible to receive $250 towards the conference registration and possibly the student membership price. Each student is eligible for one award per academic year.
Please note these awards are reimbursable after the presentation.
How To Apply
Please have the following info and documents ready. The new system will be a Qualtrics survey located here: https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cC3OTaGjphWyUOq
1. Your name, department, and program of study
2. Your CV
3. Name of conference, sponsoring organization, and dates
4. Name of your paper and your abstract
5. Proof of paper acceptance at virtual conference
6. Overall budget for attendance at virtual conference including student membership price and student registration - this budget needs to be in Excel.
CMES staff will look at the applications we get and see how many students we can support from the various departments of students researching on the Middle East. This application is on a first-come, first-served basis and we will do our best to get back to you quickly.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. If your application is approved, you will be asked to complete the appropriate forms for reimbursement. Please hold on to your receipts.
If you have any questions, please contact CMES.