APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 25th 2022 at 11:59PM
SUMMER 2022 DATES: June 2022 - August 2022
Course options may include:
- TURK 401/2 Intermediate Turkish (I & II)
- TURK 403/4 Advanced Turkish (I & II)**
- TURK 407/408 4th-Year (I & II)***
*students take a placement test upon arrival and are placed into classes accordingly
**may be taken as TURK503/504 (graduate credit) with prior approval of program director
***sometimes offered and may be taken as TURK507/508 (graduate credit) with prior approval of program director
- 2.5 GPA | 1 year of Turkish required
- Undergraduate (Sophmore, Junior, and Senior) and graduate students from the University of Arizona and other universities in the US and abroad.
What's included in program cost?
- Course tuition
- Housing (price varies depending on selection)
- Accommodation during overnight excursions (double or triple)
- Partial board during excursions (2 meals per day) - this item will probably change and the price will be adjusted accordingly
- In-country travel associated with program activities
What's not included?
- Airfare to and from Istanbul
- Passport and visa costs
- SIM card, mobile phone, and mobile plan for phone
- Course books and associated materials (i.e. dictionaries)
- Most meals when in Izmir*
- Transportation costs to and from language classes
*Meal costs vary depending on housing selection.
For questions about the program, please contact: Julie Ellison-Speight Center for Middle Eastern Studies Marshall 473 firstname.lastname@example.org 520-621-8079