STUDENT TESTIMONIES: student comments about program here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 25th 2022 at 11:59PM
SUMMER 2022 DATES: June 2022 - August 2022
Students can earn UA credit for all Arabic coursework. Arabic courses are 120 hours of classwork. Course options include:
Modern Standard Arabic
- ARB 405/406 3rd Year Advanced MSA (Undergraduate Level)
- ARB 407/408 4th Year Advanced MSA (Undergraduate Level)
- ARB 505/506 3rd Year Advanced MSA (Graduate Level)
- ARB 507/508 4th Year Advanced MSA (Graduate Level)
- ARA 424A Levantine Arabic
- 2.5 GPA | 2 years of Arabic language study prior to the program start date
- AZ in Jordan is open to undergraduate and graduate students from all universities in the US and abroad.
- Students are placed with local families for the summer. Familes provide two meals per day (breakfast and dinner).
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN PROGRAM COST?
- Course tuition
- Housing (price varies depending on selection)
- Accommodation during overnight excursions (double or triple)
- Partial board during excursions (2 meals per day) - this item will probably change and the price will be adjusted accordingly
- In-country travel associated with program activities
- Airport transfers in country.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Airfare to and from Amman
- Passport and visa costs
- SIM card, mobile phone, and mobile plan for phone
- Course books and associated materials (i.e. dictionaries)
- Transportation costs to and from language classes
Arizona in Jordan, promotional video. Filmed and produced by Sheridan Aleksick, University of Arizona (AZiJ 2017)
Photos from Summer 2017:
Top: Amman cityscape (Kevin J. Taylor)
Middle: Desert jeep tour of Wadi Rum, southern Jordan (Dr. Mohammed Tamimi)
Bottom: Yarmouk River at Mukheiba in northern Jordan (Dr. Mohammed Tamimi)