STUDENT TESTIMONIES: student comments about program here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 25th 2022 at 11:59PM
SUMMER 2022 DATES: June 2022 - August 2022
Students can earn UA credit for all Arabic coursework. Arabic courses are 120 hours of classwork. Please note you can either do 3rd year MSA, 4th year MSA or 1st year Levantine. You will choose one level to focus on intensively and will not be able to change from a dialect focus to MSA. Course options include:
Modern Standard Arabic
- ARB 405/406 3rd Year Advanced MSA (Undergraduate Level)
- ARB 407/408 4th Year Advanced MSA (Undergraduate Level)
- ARB 505/506 3rd Year Advanced MSA (Graduate Level)
- ARB 507/508 4th Year Advanced MSA (Graduate Level)
- ARA 424A Levantine Arabic/ARB 424B Levantine Arabic
- 2.5 GPA | 2 years of Arabic language study prior to the program start date
- AZ in Jordan is open to undergraduate and graduate students from all universities in the US and abroad.
- Please note due to COVID safety precautions, students will be staying in apartments and will have single occupany rooms.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN PROGRAM COST?
- Course tuition
- Housing (price varies depending on selection)
- Accommodation during overnight excursions (double or triple)
- Partial board during excursions (2 meals per day) - this item will probably change and the price will be adjusted accordingly
- In-country travel associated with program activities
- Airport transfers in country.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Airfare to and from Amman
- Passport and visa costs
- SIM card, mobile phone, and mobile plan for phone
- Course books and associated materials (i.e. dictionaries)
- Transportation costs to and from language classes
Arizona in Jordan, promotional video. Filmed and produced by Sheridan Aleksick, University of Arizona (AZiJ 2017)
Photos from Summer 2017:
Top: Amman cityscape (Kevin J. Taylor)
Middle: Desert jeep tour of Wadi Rum, southern Jordan (Dr. Mohammed Tamimi)
Bottom: Yarmouk River at Mukheiba in northern Jordan (Dr. Mohammed Tamimi)