THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR THE 2017 SUMMER PROGRAM IS JANUARY 17, 2017.
*NOTE* If you are applying for Project GO funding , DO NOT start an application through the Office of Study Abroad.
Please only fill out the Project GO application.
Visit the National Project GO website for detailed program information.
Project GO offers 14 funded scholarships for the Arizona in Jordan program. Located in Amman, Jordan, the program is an 8-week intensive Arabic immersion program with courses offered in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) or Colloquial Jordanian dialect. All applicants must have at least one year of MSA background.
Program dates for Jordan are June 12, 2017 to August 6, 2017.
The following expenses related to Arizona in Jordan are covered by Project GO scholarships:
- $80 fee to register with the Study Abroad office
- Homestays with Jordanian famlies (breakfast and dinner included)
- Partial board on excursions
- Airfare expenses (up to $1,900)
- Transfer between Amman airport and housing accommodations at beginning and end of program.
- Health insurance
- Cultural excursions
- Visa fees
- Meal and travel stipend ($600)
The following expenses related to Arizona in Jordan are not covered by Project GO scholarships:
- $65 fee to register as a UA Non-degree seeking student (N/A for UA students)
- Airfare costs in excess of travel allowance
- Excess baggage fees
- Vaccinations or immunizations
- International phone calls
- Internet in housing
If accepted, a $175 program deposit will be required. It is fully refundable at the end of the program upon completion of all testing, reporting at the end of the program.
For questions about Project GO, please email us or call (520) 621-0298 .