Sponsored by the U of A Center for Middle Eastern Studies
4:00 pm on Friday, April 5, 2013 - noon on Sunday, April 7, 2013
Location: University of Arizona, Tucson Photo courtesy of Megan Young
Note: Thanks to generous funding from the Arizona Humanities Council, 10 out-of -Tucson community college or high school instructors may receive funding to cover all or most of the travel expenses associated with attending this conference. (First come, first served basis) SEE BELOW or click on the following link: travel funding form.
Workshop Schedule: (All events in Marshall 490 unless otherwise indicated)
Friday, April 5:
1:00 – 4:30 pm: Participants sign in - Marshall 470 (CMES)
6:30 – 7:00 pm: Participant introductions
7:00 – 8:30: Welcoming dinner for attendees and invited guests.
Saturday, April 6:
Note the time change!!
12:30 – 2:00 pm: Group lunch and networking time
4:00 – 5:00: Participants’ discussion: teachable issues
Sunday, April 7:
10:30 – 11:30 am: Closing discussion, networking, and evaluation
Application for Travel Funding for Community College Faculty
Travel Funding Includes:
- --hotel accommodations for 2 nights (Marriott – University Park)
- --$50-150 towards travel expenses (depending on the distance you travel)
- --$50 food allowance (in addition to the opening dinner and Saturday lunch included in the program)
- Note: You are still responsible for paying the $25 non-refundable registration fee.
How to Apply
1. Determine your eligibility.
You are eligible to apply for funding if you:
- --are a college instructor for whom the workshop is relevant to your teaching
- --live/teach at least 60 miles from the University of Arizona campus
- --do NOT plan to retire or leave teaching within the next year or two
- --teach regularly – Adjunct Faculty WILL be considered but need to explain in the essay (below) how often and how many courses they teach.
2. What to submit.
- --your name, institutional affiliation, and contact information
- --a short ( approximately 1-page) essay including what/where you teach and how this workshop will benefit you and your students.
3. Email the application to: email@example.com by Mar. 20.