A Virtual Exchange Program for the 2020-2021 School Year
Description of the Program:
The TCAB program is a unique opportunity for teachers from the United States and teachers from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region to engage in international dialogue and virtual exchange. Throughout the program, teachers will discuss topics related to education and culture in their respective countries and to find ways to share this information in their classrooms. We are now seeking applicants for their first cohort, which will consist of 15 US K-12 teachers and 15 teachers from the MENA region.
Who Is Organizing the Program:
- to increase teachers' understanding of different cultures
- to bring teachers from different countries and cultures together in shared conversations about topics of mutual interest
- to help educators globalize their classrooms and help their students to become more knowledgeable about the world
Selected Participants Are Required to:
- Participate in an online series of meetings, 4 synchronous and 2 asynchronous, between September and November 2020. Synchronous meetings will be held on 4 Sundays, between 12:00 and 1:30 pm Eastern US Time. (This will mean late afternoon/early evening times in the Middle East and North Africa.)
- Share with the group information about your school, teaching, and culture
- Meet (online) in small groups to prepare a presentation/organize one of the discussions.
- Create a project (working with teachers from at least one other country) that you can implement in your classrooms to increase students' understanding of different cultures. (You will design a project that fits within the curriculum that you teach.)
- Implement and report on your classroom project in spring 2021.
You Are Eligible to Apply If You Are:
- a full-time teacher (elementary or secondary) from either from the US or from a MENA country. (For the purpose of this program, MENA countries are defined as: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Palestinian Territories, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.)
- able to fulfill the program requirements listed above
- committed to professional development and sharing what you learn with others
Benefits from Participation in this Professional Development Program:
- personal: increasing your global understanding
- professional: increasing your connection with other teachers around the world
- professional: receipt of a certificate of participation (professional development credit) upon completion of the program
- teaching: globalizing your classroom instruction
A Note on the Organization of the Program:
This program seeks a diverse pool of applicants. People of all racial/ethnic backgrounds, religions, and genders are invited to participate.
1. CLICK HERE to read the full program description.
2. Submit the application cover page - CLICK HERE - and the short essay described on the application form to the email addresses listed. (Application deadline has passed - check back to apply for a future cohort of teachers.)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2020.
For more information, contact Lisa Adeli - email@example.com or Emma Harver - firstname.lastname@example.org