Visit the Science, Health, Engineering Policy and Diplomacy (SHEP) 2019 Conference from October 23rd-25th. This year's theme will be "Sustainable Development for the Americas." The CMES will be co-sponsoring the panel "Science and Diplomacy in the Middle East" on October 25th, 9-10:45AM, featuring:
- Sharon B. Megdal, Director of The University of Arizona's Water Resource Research Center and Professor in the Department of Environmental Science, "Academia's Role in Science Diplomacy and Connecting regions"
- David Lehrer, Executive Director of Arava Institute, "Arava Institute for Environmental Studies (Middle Eastern NGOs in Science Diplomacy)"
- Megan Carney, Assistant Professor at the School of Anthropology and the Director of the Center for Regional Food Studies, "Science Diplomacy in Immigration Policy"
- Mohamad Amin Saad, President and Principal Consultant at MASAR Technologies, Inc., "The private sector in Middle Eastern scientific diplomacy"
- Julie Ellison-Speight, Assistant Director at the Center for Middle Eastern Studies, "HIVE: Harnessing Innovation through Virtual Exchange Program"
Conference registration is required, please see more details here.