Deadline: January 31, 2018
Lisa Adeli, Center for Middle Eastern Studies,
845 N. Park Ave., Rm. 470, Tucson, AZ 85721.
Please include your name and school (email address optional) on the front page of your curricular materials. And please email me your mailing address, college name and address, etc. (These will NOT be published with the curricular materials.)
Note: If your curriculum unit is "published" on our website, it is still your property and can be put on other websites or even published in print sources if their rules allow.
2018 COMMUNITY COLLEGE CURRICULAR MATERIALS COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT:
Full and part-time community college educators of all content areas: You could win cash, prizes, and prestige by entering our curricular material creation competition! See the directions below.
The deadline to submit curricular projects for consideration in this year’s competition is January 31, 2018.
- Community college educators are invited to submit one or more Middle East-related curricular projects that they have created. Materials may include: an extended class assignment, a class unit with readings, background information + bibliography that colege instructors can use to prepare lessons or to hand out to their students.
- Winning materials will be shared widely with educators through our outreach program.
- The CMES 2018 College Curricular Materials Award will consist of a $200 cash prize for the winning educator and a collection of resources for use in the college library. Second place winner(s) will receive a cash prize of $100, and a selection of resources for use in the college library.
- College officials of the authors of all lessons chosen for “publication” on our website or CDs will be notified of the educator's accomplishment. (Any materials put on our website remain the property of the person who authored the material and can be included on other websites/materials as well.)
- Materials may be in any subject area but must contain significant Middle East-related material. They should be in a format ready to be used by other community college educators who might not have a strong background in the subject presented. Resources necessary for the lesson plans should be noted, and if any readings or materials are needed to implement the lesson plan, they must be submitted with or linked to your curriculum unit.
- You should include your name and college (email address optional) on the materials.
- Send more detailed contact info. (address, phone number, address of college) in the body of the email or on a separate page. This will NOT be included when the material is published on our website or lesson plan CDs.
- You may email your curricular materials to: email@example.com (preferred) OR mail the materials to: Lisa Adeli, Center for Middle Eastern Studies, 845 N. Park Ave., Rm. 470, Tucson, AZ 85721.
I look forward to reviewing your innovative work.