APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 2016
SUMMER 2016 DATES: June 8 to August 2, 2016
Course options may include:
- TURK 101/102 Beginning Turkish (I & II)
- TURK 401/2 Intermediate Turkish (I & II)
- TURK 403/4 Advanced Turkish (I & II)**
*students take a placement test upon arrival and are placed into classes accordingly
**may be taken as TURK503/504 (graduate credit) with prior approval of program director
What's included in program cost (appx $6,800)?
- Course tuition
- Housing (price varies depending on selection)
- Accommodation during overnight excursions (double or triple)
- Partial board during excursions (2 meals per day)
- Turkish mobile phone and SIM card (mobile plan not included)
- In-country travel associated with program activities
- 20 hours of one-on-one practice with a local language partner
What's not included?
- Airfare to and from Izmir
- Passport and visa costs
- Mobile plan for phone
- Course books* and associated materials (ie dictionaries)
- Most meals when in Izmir**
- Transportation costs to and from language classes
*Textbook used is Yabancılar için Türkçe (Turkish for Foreigners) and is available for purchase on site.
**Meal costs vary depending on housing selection.
For questions about the program, please contact:
Arizona in Turkey program director, Ahmet Okal or
CMES Assistant Director, Christian Sinclair
For questions about study abroad and the application process, contact:
Middle East Study Abroad coordinator at the UA Office of Study Abroad and Student Exchange, Hillary Vance.